Hello Austin, Texas! With six films featured at the this year’s Sundance Film Festival, Lotus post continues to provide post-production audio excellence with four films at the 2013 SXSW Film Festival this coming March. Of the four films slated to screen, three will be world premieres. This lineup includes “Milo”, “The Bounceback” and “Unhung Hero.” Directed by Jacob Vaughan and produced by the Duplass brothers, “Milo” is a horror comedy about a guy who finds out his stomach problems are caused by a demon living inside his intestines. “The Bounceback”, directed by Bryan Poyser and starring Ashley Bell is a heartfelt comedy about two ex-couples depressed by love. “Unhung Hero” will be holding its world premiere in the Documentary Spotlight category and is directed by Brian Spitz. Lotus Post’s fourth film, “You’re Next”, will be showing in the Midnighters Category, a lineup of provocative, after-dark features for night owls. Lotus Post is honored that the team’s hard work and dedication to audio post-production is being recognized at many prestigious festivals this year. Lotus Post is located in Santa Monica, California and consists of a group of unique, fully networked re-recording stages and studios. Lotus Post operates the largest privately owned dub stage on the west side, and the staff has worked with a multitude of celebrity clients this past year including Cameron Diaz, Robert Redford, Jessica Biel and Ashton Kutcher. Lotus Post is ready to collaborate with more festival bound films this year and will provide a complimentary festival mix for any film contracted for a complete sound-finishing package.
As one of the leading independent providers of post production sound services, Lotus Post is committed to providing world class sound finishing with a conscious and mindful approach to the planet. Lotus Post is currently working with non-profit organization, Sustainable Works toward their green business certification. Listed below are some of the many steps that Lotus Post is taking on in order to reach certification.
- Monitoring and maintaining recycling by designating a recycling bin for waste and another bin for laser print cartridge
- Purchasing daily-use, less toxic cleaning products that are Green Seal or EcoLogo certified
- Removing company’s name from national databases to reduce unwanted junk mail and paper waste
- Performing regular maintenance on heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Replacing fluorescent light bulbs with energy efficient alternatives
- Using dimmers which turn off lights automatically
- Providing a parking and charging station for alternative modes of transportation like electric and alternative fuel vehicles
- Reducing paper documents by using more electronic forms and contracts
- Purchasing equipment that is energy efficient like an Energy Star all-in-one printer
Sustainable Works is an environmental, educational organization committed to making sure that the actions associated with a sustainable lifestyle are integrated into individuals’ homes or businesses. For more information regarding green certification or to have your business certified, contact Sustainable Works at 310.458.8716 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.